Sunday, November 16, 2008

Christmas is looming...

I swear that the silly season begins sooner and sooner each year. I think some of you would probably agree with me on that one. Yes, the shops have already brought out their stock and the streets are already lined with Christmas decorations. I'm sure there are plenty of people who plan to get all their shopping done in November, but despite these good intentions I think there's only a slim chance of this actually occuring. And please, if you crafters are planning on making all or some of your gifts, it's probably a good idea to have started already. Last year I made all my friend's presents and there was a mad dash at the end to have them completed on time. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can speak from experience.
I don't know if I'll make any presents this year. I think it's a lovely thought but not always appreciated for the time and effort involved. Also I haven't been struck by inspiration yet. I did consider making a pair of fingerless gloves for one of my girlfriends, but I gave up on that one due to the current 35 degrees celsius weather.

So anyways, if you are stuck for ideas, this may help you out a bit. Etsy is a great place to visit- you can still give a handmade gift but it will take you considerably less time to have it organised. This rabbit and fawn are from alberto's family




No comments: