Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fair isle attempt- #1


Fair isle attempt- #1
Originally uploaded by jessie + bear

So I've always avoided fair isle like the plague because I thought it was too hard. It didn't help that I also had a pretty bad experience trying to fair isle something that should have been done in intarsia. That made me think that it was impossible to create a smooth, neat piece of knitting in more than one colour. But, thanks to some online tutorials, I was willing to give it another go....

....and here are the results! Still not as neat as it could have been, but definately an improvement. It's just a simple checkered pattern using purple and white yarn.

I can't remember the names of the blogs that I used tutorials from, but just type "fair isle tutorial" into Google if you want to find them too.

No comments: